Use tags to make searching easier: CNFR:Conference/INFOTECH:IT/GENRL:General/INDREL:Industrial Relations/ CRITCARE:Critical Care/MHSIG:Mental health/CARSIG:Cardiology/IAPGSIG:IAPG/ASIG:Aseptics
Hermitage Medical Clinic: PHARMACIST- Basic Grade
39 hours p.w. Permanent Position
Reporting to the Chief Pharmacist, the role holder will be expected to:
• Provide pharmacy services and rotate through the dispensary, clinical areas, and aseptic compounding (not currently operational), as required.
• Prepare, supply and supervise the provision of medicines and other items as may be required.
• Ensure accurate dispensing and timely distribution of drugs and medicines for inpatients or outpatients.
• Ensure medication reaches the patient in the correct form and dose.
• Counselling patients on the effects, dosage and route of administration of their drug treatments, particularly those who require complex drug therapy, when required.
• Communicating effectively with patients' relatives, community pharmacists, and general practitioners (GPs), etc.
• Ensuring medicinal products are stored appropriately and securely to ensure highest quality and patients’ and staffs’ safety.
• Supervising and checking the work of pharmacy technicians as necessary
• Work with the IT Department and clinicians in the development of computerised systems for patient management and ensure that these are maintained and upgraded.
• Responding to medication-related queries from within the hospital, other hospitals and the general public.
• Carrying out such duties as outlined in the pharmacy policies.
• Assist with stock control, ordering and receipting.
Essential requirements for the ideal candidate:
• Be registered in the Register of Pharmaceutical Chemists for Ireland or be entitled to be registered
• Possess the requisite knowledge and ability for the proper discharge of the duties of the office
• Have at least 6 – 12 months of hospital experience
• Clinical skills
• IT skills
• Quality focus
• Risk Management
• Clinical audit
• Team work
• Planning and organising skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Applications should be made via the Hermitage Medical Clinic website see https://www.hermitageclinic.ie/employment/current-employment/
Closing date 25/01/2019
The Hospital Pharmacists Association of Ireland (HPAI) is a voluntary organisation that represents it members on issues relevant to hospital pharmacists.
The Hospital Pharmacists Association of Ireland exists to:
Data Protection Policy
Copyright © HPAI 2017